The Samsung Galaxy A52 5G is an upper mid-range smartphone with a power-packed package. The phone arrived with a 120Hz Super AMOLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G processor, 64-megapixel quad cameras, and a 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging. It also has a number of software features including Bixby digital assistant. It allows users to get various things done in a convenient and fast manner but you may be preferring Google Assistant over Bixby. Even if there is another reason you do not want to use Bixby, we are here to help.
In this tutorial, we will cover how you can remove the Bixby trigger from the side key as well as completely disable the wakeup command. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Also Read: How to add wireless charging to Galaxy A52
Remove Bixby from the Galaxy A52 Side Key
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the display
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced features
- Tap on the Side key option.
- Under the Press and hold section, switch the selected option from Wake Bixby to the Power off menu.
Now, whenever you will press and hold the side key on your Samsung Galaxy A52, you will see the power off menu instead of triggering Bixby. This is the menu that gives you options for powering off and restarting the phone.
Turn off Bixby’s wake up command
- Open the app drawer on your Galaxy A52 and tap on Bixby
- On the floating Bixby bar, tap the compass icon located at the right
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Look for Voice wake-up and tap on the toggle to disable it.
This step will ensure that Bixby does not get launched even when you or someone else uses the voice command. If you have any other questions or doubts related to the phone, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.