The new Samsung Galaxy S23 series does support Dolby Atmos, just like previous Samsung smartphones have. However, surprisingly, it is not enabled by default. So you would need to enable it on your Galaxy S23, yourself. That’s what we’re here to help you with today. Showing you how you can enable Dolby Atmos here. And really take advantage of your speakers on the Galaxy S23.
If you haven’t yet pre-ordered your Galaxy S23, you can do so here.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is a really incredible feature that has been making its way onto many different devices in the past few years. It used to really only be available on soundbars and TVs. But now we’re seeing it on smartphones and tablets too. Mostly from Samsung.
But what exactly is Dolby Atmos? Here’s the definition from Dolby itself:
You will notice a difference with Dolby Atmos turned on, versus it being off. Sound is generally a lot fuller.
How to turn on Dolby Atmos on Galaxy S23
To turn on Dolby Atmos, you’ll first want to jump into the Settings app on your Galaxy S23.
Then, you’ll want to tap on “Sounds and vibrations”.
From there, tap on “Sound quality and effects” towards the bottom of the page.
On this page, you will see options for Dolby Atmos right at the top. Now, by default it is not on, unfortunately. But you can just hit the toggle and have it on, all the time.
- If you tap on the Dolby Atmos text, you’ll be taken to another menu where you can change up the sounds from Dolby Atmos.
- Auto: Optimizes sound automatically for whatever you’re listening to.
- Movie: Deliver the best possible audio for films, shows and videos.
- Music: Make all your music sound richer, fuller and more balanced.
- Voice: Make voices loud and clear.
- We’d recommend sticking to the “Auto” option, so it works the best for whatever you’re doing on your phone.
You can also flip the toggle on for “Dolby Atmos for gaming”. It will make a nice difference when you’re playing different games too.
How to add Dolby Atmos to Quick Settings
By default on the Galaxy S23, the Dolby Atmos Quick Setting tile is not there. You’ll need to add it, so here’s how you can do that.
- Swipe down on your notification panel twice.
- Then tap on the three dots icon in the right-hand corner.
- Next, tap on the “Edit buttons” button.
- From there, you can find the Dolby Atmos tile and drag-and-drop it onto your Quick Settings where you’d want it.
- Once you’re finished, tap “Done”. And that’s it.
And that’s how you can turn on, and add the Dolby Atmos Quick Setting to your Galaxy S23 smartphone.
The post How to enable Dolby Atmos on the Samsung Galaxy S23 appeared first on Android Headlines.